Thursday 8 December 2016

5 Tips to get change for new 2000 Rs note


“भाई, क्या आप २००० के छुट्टे दे सकते हो!” 

Change please!


We hear this dialogue on and off on the street now a days. And the person who gets change for 2000 Rs is somehow regarded as “Rich”, who also gets an opportunity to show off his wallet around.

Once you are managed to get 2000 Rs note from ATM, after being in queue for long time. First question that rises in your mind, now how do you I change this note?

We go to every shop, expecting that we may end up getting change for new 2000 Rs note, but still very few are lucky.  We all are witnessing arguments, verbal fights with vendors, auto rickshaw drivers, food joints etc.

Well today, I am going to share with you all some of logical tricks, which will help you get change.

After all, “Change” is what we all need.

Tip number 1
·      
  •   Bus Depot - Yes, you heard it right. Bus Depot is first zone, where you can look for change.  Our bus conductors are very reliable and helpful in such a crisis situation. Now , when  should  I ask for change ? Timing the situation is very important. Do you feel that they can give you  change in day time, well probability is close to zero. Hence, Visit Bus Depot or approach  conductors in night, when it’s closing time. May be at 9 pm or when they are about to submit  their cash at the depot.

Tip Number 2

  • Office cafeteria – Office Canteens are second easily accessible option to get change. Again, timing is very important. This is place, which deals in heavy cash. Approach the one whom you know personally. When shift changes, cash counter guy tend to submit it to other person and tally the transaction.Chances are high that you will get change.

Tip Number 3


  • Ice Cream Parlour-  I personally used this option and guess what ? Operation successful. I went to an ice cream parlour (vendor) at about 11.30 pm with my 2000 Rs note. I told  him, ‘I wish to have an ice cream but unfortunately, “I don’t have a change.” With his polite gesture, he asked me to wait for 10 minutes and finally handed over me 1980 Rs. Now you must be thinking, why did he give me 20 Rs less ?. Well of course, I bought ice cream for 20 Rs as a token for appreciation.

Tip Number 4


  •      Public Parking lotWe all know, we have spaces near station, where people park their bikes and commute through trains. We know, bikes parked in public parking lot are huge in number. Hence, this is my fourth recommendation. One of friend tried this option and it was quite successful.
Tip Number 5   


  •      Departmental stores – ·   Again I personally tried this option, I went to Star Mart and bought something to eat worth 200 Rs and gave him 2000 Rs note. I just dropped in few minutes before they close down, it was at about 10 pm. I was fortunate enough to get change.

Let me share some more important points to be remembered 
  •          Exercise above mentioned tips during night hours to get favorable results.
  •          Once you get change, share some money with your family for the next 30 days.
  •          Use debit card, paytm wallet, wherever possible to save on cash.
  •          Use 100 Rs note to buy vegetables, Pani Puri and vadapav. Help these vendors to survive in such a crisis situation.
  •        Keep the money flowing, don’t stock it up. It will help to avoid cash crunch
  • Finally share these tips with your family members and friends and share this article if you liked it. Also do comment your stories, how did you manage to get change ?


“Because Change is what we all need.”







No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

50 Days After Demonetization

While I was writing this article, I visited my Facebook account and to my surprise I saw most of friends were online. As if on one hand...